Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Wiptu's, Wiptu's"








So last night we were trying to get Jaxon to get ready for bed. He loves to stall this process as long as he can. We have been trying to get in a good routine to help us all have better days by making sure we read our scriptures as a family at night, read a book Jaxon wants to read, and say prayers together. This is very hard to do, but we try really hard. So last night we were all tired and grumpy. Jaxon was running around the house because he didn't want us to put his Pajama's on. Finally, we caught him and completed the task. We were so tired we just said, "Come on Jaxon, it's time for bed." We were going to use our tiredness as a lame excuse not to read our scriptures or pray together as a family, so we could get in bed as soon as possible. Well Jaxon has been talking a TON more lately. He's been saying words that we have no idea what they are until he say's them 50 times, or if we ask him to show us. So last night when we said ok let's go to bed he kept saying, "Wiptu's, Wiptu's" over and over. Russell and I were like what the heck is he saying? He was pointing to the top of our entertainment center looking for something. Finally Russell figured it out. We usually keep our scriptures on top of our entertainment center so we remember to read them before we put Jax to bed. Russ said "Scriptures?" and Jax was like, "ya, ...ya, ya!" HOLY! What a good example my own son is to me. He teaches such great lessons, such making sure we read our scriptures, pray together,and have patience. He usually won't go to bed unless we pray. He fold's his little arms and says "Payew." I know he is waaaaayyy more patient with me than I am with him. He's so stinkin cute and I love him so much! I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me such a special, adorable little boy. Russ and I are so lucky to have him in our lives.

0 comments: