Ok, so here it is, it's official. We are finally bloggers! I have been wanting to create a blog for a while, but haven't had time. Alas, I found time and did it! What a lot of fun. This is a great way to keep us and others up-to-date on what's happening in the world.
Russell and I were able to purchase our first home in the lovely and not so desolate but further away then what we'd like, Maricopa Arizona. Don't get me wrong. We are so excited that we were able to do this, and do not regret it at all. We are very lucky. It is a little further away then what we'd like but hey, sometimes that can be a good thing. Jaxon loves having his own room and a dirt back yard of his very own to play in. We also love being close to my brother and his wife and look forward to many great experiences here.
About three weeks ago, Russ got laid off of work. He was working for Dell/Unisys at a Honeywell location here in Arizona. Wow!! What a shocker that was. Russell had been working for them for over 3 years!!! Well, that kind of opened our eyes as we realized, what the heck are we going to do now? We were so grateful for the severence package that covered our tails as Russell frantically started filling out millions of applications and became a stay-at-home dad! Well, we were greatly blessed for Russell to find a job with University of Phoenix. He was able to start within two weeks after his lay-off and we were saved! I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows our needs, and is constantly pouring out blessings sometimes, in disguise. This will be a great opportunity for Russell to further his education and help him with career options.
I (Meg) am currently teaching Kindergarten in Mesa, Arizona. Sometimes insanity rocks the boat with 23 five-year olds running around the room going crazy. But, hey it is well worth it and tons of fun! It is such an inspiration to me as I learn many things from my Kindergartners such as....
"I'm not a republican or democrat, I'm MEXICAN Mrs. Clement!"
"Why are you crying, you're the one that just hit him and he's not even crying "(I ask a student who hit another)...(then the student who got hit says)..."ya, I'm not crying, I can take it like a man!"
Fun times in Kindergarten! It is amazing to me to see how much the kiddo's have grown since the beginning of the year; and to think, wow! I taught them that.
Jaxon is the funniest cutest little boy I know! Russ and I are so proud to be his parents. He has so much love, silliness and sweetness to share with others. He makes us laugh constantly and it is very hard to discipline him because he's just too darn cute! We are so lucky to have him in our little family. He especially loves his daddy and tries so hard to be just like him!
Russ and I have the greatest families on the earth! We are so lucky to live close, well to most of them. We miss the ones that are far away lots and lots. We just wish they would move back to Arizona, but we know they are doing what's best for their families, just as we are. We are lucky to have the greatest parents, and for Jaxon to be so close and love his grandparents soooo much. We also are lucky to have great brothers and sisters as well as neices and nephews. Whenever there is a family get together, there is much fun to be made! We love you all and look forward to keeping up with you on here.
16 years ago




2 comments:
Great blog! I have too much fun looking at my friends blogs. The pink is a little hard to read. Our blog is http://dnrdent.blogspot.com/
Love,
Roxanne
Good Job I'm so excited! You just better find time to keep it up or I'll give you a hard time. I love you and thanks for being such a good friend all these years. Hey if you check out my friends and family you'll find alot of people you know
Post a Comment